47th Annual Flower Day 2013:
Sunday, May 19
7 am to 5 pm
Attended by more than 200,000 people annually, Flower Day at the Eastern Market is one of the largest flower shows in the country. Members of the Metro Detroit Flower Growers Association (MDFGA), and hundreds of flower growers from Michigan, Canada and neighboring states fill the market with their colorful array offerings. Over 15-acres of the highest quality annuals, perennials, foliage, shrubbery, trees, exotics, tropical plants, flats, hanging baskets and more will be available for purchase.
The Metropolitan Detroit Flower Growers are excited to have you share in the 47th annual Flower Day at the Historic Eastern Market. Every shopper will be amazed by the color, variety and beauty that will ooze out of the sheds at the largest open market in Michigan.
The Flower Growers have compiled a list and location of vendors and flowers and plants to make your journey through Flower Day more convenient and efficient.
1) There is plenty of free parking available throughout Eastern Market. The map in the Metro Times easily directs you in and out of the market.
2) Know ahead of time how much area that you have to plant and whether you need sun or shade plants to achieve your goal.
3) Ask your Flower Grower Questions! They grew the flowers for you and they know what you need to do to take care of them and keep them blooming.
4) Enjoy the wide variety of restaurants, stores and food. Your belly will thank you for caring.
5) Bring a wagon, to help transport your products.
6) Don't rush ... Take your time and smell the roses, marigolds, jasmine, herbs, etc. Enjoy the music and the people.
Our best advice is to take it all in, don't miss the moment and come enjoy the breathtaking view.
Flower Day is one of the most exciting, captivating and memorable shopping experiences you will ever have. Bring your family, wagon and Metro Times guide and make it a great family event.
Other Activities at Flower Day
It’s only 32 feet high. Can you make it to the top and ring the bell? Reach your highest heights as you attempt to climb the Tower of Terror. The cost $2 for one climb or $5 for three.
Ask the Experts 9AM- 2PM
Experts from the Greening of Detroit and the MSU Extension Master Gardeners will be on-site to answer questions about gardening, planting vegetables, flowers and trees. FREE!
Flower Day Pick Up/Drop Off Service
Locations: Wilkins & Russell; Alfred & Riopelle
Eastern Market offers a parcel pick-up service for shoppers at two strategic locations. Customers can check their purchases at the staffed booths and when they are done shopping they can drive up to the booth to load their purchases into their car. Market volunteer staff will be available to help customers load their purchases. FREE!