Stall Rental Information
Thank you for your interest in selling at Detroit Eastern Market. Since 1891 we have been home to Detroit's most lively, robust, and diverse public market, drawing up to 40,000 visitors per week! We are excited that you have taken the time to reach out to us.
Please Note: We are always accepting applications from farmers & growers. If you are a Michigan or regional farmer, we encourage you to submit an application at any time!
Before you proceed, here are a few steps to becoming a vendor at Eastern Market:
1. Read 2014-15 Vendor Handbook
- The Vendor Handbook will tell you everything you need to know about selling at Eastern Market and help you determine if we are the right fit for you.
- Please take special note of the multiple market days: Saturday, Tuesday, Sunday, Third Thursdays, and Wholesale. They are described in the downloadable document: Market Days Description.
2. Fill Out & Submit Application
- We encourage you to support your application with supplemental materials such as photographs, copies of promotional materials, or samples (when appropriate).
- It is not necessary to have and/or submit proof of General Liability Insurance to submit an application.
3. Wait with Patience
- There is a very high demand for space at the market. Please be patient as we review your application and determine if your proposed specialty will complement our market mix.
4. Meet With Us
- If we are interested in your product (i.e. If it is a product we are missing or think would add diversity to our market mix) we will set up a meeting with you. With our goal of providing farm fresh and wholesome food to all, we are always looking for new Farmers.
- At this meeting we will go over additional requirements including insurance, licensing, and sampling regulations.
- If we do not have space for your proposed specialty we will let you know via letter.
- We will keep your application on file for 12 months should stalls become available. We encourage all vendors to re-apply each winter to begin selling in our April 1 lease-year.
Again, thank you for your interest, and we look forward to reviewing your application!
To complete an application online, please use this link:
To submit a hardcopy application, click on the 'Downloadable File' below, print and fill out.
Need Help Submitting Online? Click Here
Food Vendors Click Here
Non-Food Vendors Click Here